Thursday, June 16, 2011

Coupons, Brett Farve, and Exercise, Oh my!

The past few weeks have FLOWN by! Here's a few updates on what we've been up to: 

Remember the whole coupon thing? Well, turns out that I will probably be jealous of those ladies on extreme couponing for a while.... great value at Wal-Mart mixed with a few coupons = a better deal than grocery stores in our area. I did get one free item......... 

color: #6fa8dc; font-size: medium;">

It was only $0.07 after taxes so it was practically free...right? 

Last weekend, we went to a new Mexican restaurant with our friends, Papito's Mexican Grill. It was really good. About midway through our meal, one of my friends said, "Hey, isn't that Brett Farve?" 
Sitting a table away from us with his family, was indeed, Brett Farve! (He lives in Hattiesburg). Apparently, he really is retiring from football. I was going to take a picture, BUT Brandon took my phone! (I was going to do it through my menu so no one would see...) 

Monday, Brandon signed us up for a gym membership at 180 Fitness!

We're really excited about it. Wednesday night, we met with our trainer, Melanie. She's got us on our own exercise plans that work for both of us. Brandon's first goal is to lose 50lbs. My long-term goal is to lose 41 lbs. but I'm just focusing on 10 lbs. at a time. I was down a half a pound at weigh-in this week. (I'm still doing weight watchers.)  Here's hoping that extra time at the gym will help me get to my goal. Part of me wonders if it'll ever get off--- but I know if I keep tracking and exercising I will reach my goals (at least I hope so!). The best part was when we were filling out our getting to know you forms with our trainer. Brandon got to the question about what inspired you to work out and he wrote, "My wife." He is my motivation ever day to work out. Seeing him write that pushes me to keep going when I want to stop. We both want a healthier life. We know it will help us on our future endeavors.... : )  

No comments:

Post a Comment